Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Are things really that bad?



The other morning I was wide awake at 4:30am. After trying to get back to sleep for about half an hour, I decided to web surf a bit. There was a group on Facebook that I had been wanting to check out for awhile and always forgot to do it. So I looked it up and found this little gem that had been posted from YouTube.

The man speaking is Gary Keller, Chairman and Founder of Keller Williams Realty, the nation’s 4th largest real estate company. I first got to see him speak shortly after I joined Keller Williams in 2000. Since then, every opportunity I get to see him speak, I do all I can to be there. Gary has amazing insights into the real estate business and life in general. Once he starts talking, I am always fully tuned in.

We find ourselves in unusual times. The stock market has been on a wild ride: DJIA from a high of 14,000 down to 8,500 in relatively short order. Oil has gone from its peak this past summer of $140 to $70 per barrel today! And our government has committed us to bail out the financial markets to the tune of $750 billion. By the way, no guaranty it will work. Interest rates move all over the page.

Of course my focus, and that of Gary Keller, is the real estate market. Talk about tough times on a national level. At least here in the Northwest it’s not as bad as other places. (I’ve seen reports of houses selling for $25,000, price of a car, in Detroit!).

One of the things he brings up is that times like now are when fortunes are made. Stocks and real estate are at sale prices. In fact, this is even better than the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, Ikea’s It Only Happens Twice A Year Sale, or any number of the holiday sales. Warren Buffet is talking about buying.

So, enjoy this clip. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Roger A. Berger
206-650-7647
http://www.rogerberger.com/
Roger@RogerBerger.com

Roger Berger is a veteran real estate professional in both Sales and Lending. He specializes in the following cities: Federal Way, Kent, Auburn, Renton, Des Moines, Burien, West Seattle, Seattle, Tacoma, Browns Point, Puyallup, Sumner, and Lake Tapps. He provides services through Keller Williams Realty in Renton, WA and Matison Mortgage Professionals in Puyallup, WA.

No comments: